I worked out today with Michelle and a special guest :) I don't want to call anyone out, so if she wants to share that she went, then I will let her do it. As far as how much effort I gave today, I'd say it was about a C+. I felt really bloated and cranky. For some reason I have been insatiably thirsty today, so much so that when I walk I can hear the water swishing from all my consumption.
Swish swish on the eliptacle is not fun. Also, I ate a heavier meal at lunch, it was a chicken burrito from Chipotle. In the future I will have something that does not involve rice. My body and all that rice were not friends at the gym. That was probably more carbs in one burrito than I've had all week. Plus I think I'm about to start my period because I'm crampy and two months behind schedule. (My body is still regulating itself from childbirth.)
A personal observation... When I reflected on my previous weight, I realized that I have been hard on myself and have guilted myself about being fat when I haven't been. At 127lbs. I was unhappy with my weight. At 135 & 140 I cried on the scale. At 160, I thought I was a cow. Now, I'm looking forward to 160!! My long term goal is 125! What does that tell me about me? It's a question I need to sit on a bit longer. I think it's a combination of things and I'll reflect on it a bit more later.
Note to Self and Other's:
Stay away from negativity. It just brings you down. The adage is true, misery does love company. Surround yourself with people who strive to be better. The ideas and love will flow between you. Sounds hippyish, I know. I need cheers not jeers right now. So do you.
Lastly, try this (if you wanna). My mom suggested I do this when I'm feeling frustrated about something that I need to approach head on. I used the method and found that I got REALLY GOOD RESULTS! Example: That person who was pissing me off at 4am last night called me today. Rather than jump down said person's throat, I said to myself, "I am love." and let them talk. I found myself in a calmer place and able to listen without reacting. I was also letting my guard down enough for me to not let my pride getting in the way of accepting what he had to offer. (It would have been one of those "cut your nose to spite you face" type of situations had I not accepted what was offered.) Anyway, the "I am love." method worked.
Let me know if you try the "I am love." I want to hear how it worked for you! Oh, and how do you like the picture heading this blog? I took it a while back ago and it always puts me in a cheerful mood. Sunlight can do miracles, you know!

No comments:
Post a Comment