Coco, on a previous comment, asked if I'd decided to start keeping track of my daily meals. At first, I didn't think that was really needed. I told her "no" and called it a day. After thinking about it a bit, I think I really should. Here is the reason why: At the very end of my pregnancy I developed diabetes. I was really a boarderline case, but the doctor wanted me to really watch my sugar intake. Well, I thought that I'd been taking really good care of myself during my pregnancy. I ate lots of fruit, yogurt and drank juice and water. I steered clear of frozen foods, sodium and junk food. Well, it's true, you can have too much of a good thing. My body was not breaking down the sugars fast enough so I had to really monitor what I ate and reduce my carbs. I followed the suggested diet given to me by a nutritionist and checked my blood sugar religiously before and after meals. I noticed that some foods really made my sugars fly off the roof, even when I ate the suggested portion size or less. I had to just avoid white rice, bananas, and white bread all together. If I did have that, I had to add a few more blocks to my walks to burn off that sugar. I found that tracking my food allowed me to see what triggered my blood sugar. So, with that being said... I need to keep track of what I'm eating so that if I'm loosing weight quickly or at a stand still, I can at least examine my diet to see what impact it had on my success. Starting Tuesday of Week 2 I'll be blogging my meals.
I didn't have a babysitter today so I didn't hit the gym. I did take a nice stroll over to Wilson Park and had a pleasant 2 mile walk with Santi. I tried to keep my pace high and steady. I thought I would be exhausted after the first mile, but when it was all said and done, I was ready to go for round 2 and Santi seemed pretty game for it too! There were a lot of peeps out there walking tonight, which was nice that I wasn't alone in the park. They didn't crowd the paths or anything like that, so I really enjoyed it. It was a nice change of pace from the gym. I'm thinking of starting a regular time to meet with more of you at the park so we can all walk together. If anyone has suggestions on that I would appreciate it. Frankly, when I realized I didn't have a sitter to go to the gym tonight, I felt a little relieved. I thought, "Oh, cool! I have a day off. I can be lazy tonight." Well, as quick as that thought entered my mind, I remember the spicy tuna roll I had for lunch earlier. I was looking forward to hitting the gym and burning off those carbs. Shucks, guess that means I can't stay home on my ass. So, I popped in the shower, got dressed and packed Santi up before it got even later. I'm glad I went this route because I'd be feeling pretty shitty about not working out tonight.
My other motivation for working out today was that my big weigh in is in a couple of days. I'm already being hard on myself because I'm my worst enemy over this, but having an excuse to be pissed off at myself later caused me to get off my tush. That's the truth of it.
On that note, i'm passing out here. So sleepy. I've got plans to walk with my ladies tomorrow at Wilson again. I'm gonna hit that farmer's market for some fresh goodies for next week. I'm considering doing a "raw" week. Anyone try that before? How did it work for you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
matt and usually walk thursdays at 5. we're always trying toget more peeps tocome but we can join your group if yall are walking at wilson
Yes!! Coco, I'm all for it :) Let's make plans for a Thursdays at five :)
Post a Comment