Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 10- I'm not freaking out because I have PMS





Week 10-198.7
Week 9- 196.8
Diff. - +0.9  Lbs
YTD- lost <11.2>LBS. 


Last month I nearly lost my shit because I was stuck in stagnant-ville. This month, I'm not going to freak out. I'm about to start my period and I'm a few days late. I'm retaining water like a son of a bitch. I woke up this morning and my hands look like Cabbage Patch hands. My fingers are so fat they were even hard to bend. It probably has something to do with the half bag of Wasabi Peas I inhailed after 9pm and all the water I'm not drinking. Last month I had a freak out and then as soon as my period was over, I dropped 5lbs. So there. 


I've been pretty okay on my diet. I had a little bit of ice cream a few days ago, but not enough to shame myself over. I went to a BBQ on Sunday for Easter/ Birthday and I thought I was being super good. I was tempted by some bomb spinach dip, but I had a little and walked away. I even said no to ice cream cake. (Why is it that when ever I even think of the words Ice cream and/or cake I get that stupid "Ice cream and cakey cake song" stuck in my noggin?") 
The problem is this: I'm really freaking good on my diet all week. Then come Saturday, it's like a full moon and I'm a starving Werewolf. Sometimes it starts on Friday night, but in general it's the weekend. It seems like all of the most tempting foods come my way and I give in. Exercise and diet go out the window and then by sunday I'm feeling super guilty. I think I need to make sure I do food prep on Thursdays with some yummy cheats mixed in to satiate my hound tooth. Owww Owww Owwwwwwwwwww!


Being late on my period is really messing with my moods too. I'm really emotional and sensitive. What does not help is the button pusher in such close proximity so I've been hiding out in my room so as not to unleash the demon. The shitty weather for a couple days stopped my bomb walks that both Santi and I were enjoying the hell out of. I made an appointment first thing in the am tomorrow about 4 miles from here. I'm planning on walking there and back. We'll see if I even go. I'm not in the mood now, but I've got to do something to get me out of it. 


The late period has me so on edge that it's messing with my sleep too. I've taken advantage of this silent witching hour to do some much needed job hunting and resume blasting. I keep looking at my phone thinking ring ring damn it!! Ring!!! Nothing yet. :(  I think I'm psychicly deterring anything good from happening with my shitty attitude. (You know, in a "The Secret" kinda way.) I'm so grumpy and hostile- not so much on the outside, but more on the inside. My internal dialogue is horrible!! I know it has less to do with anyone else, and more to do with me! It actually really bothers me that I'm so bottled up angry inside. I don't like the feeling and I don't like thinking so negatively. I'm hoping this will pass soon, and I'm thinking I need to start taking Pamperin or something to get rid of this yucky attitude. My hormones are so frazzled right now. Still with the baby and stuff. When will I feel back to normal?? I'm thinking I need to go on Birth control to regulate my periods and so that I can monitor my PMS a little better. I never really had PMS before and it's really hitting me hard after not having a period for almost 19 months!! 


2 comments:

Jordan said...

Uhgg! PMS is always a diet derailer for me too! Just start fresh next week.

Patricia said...

Well, Today is Tuesday and technically it is next week. My new week and weigh ins are every Tuesday. You know what I've done so far today?? I polished off the bag of wasabi peas and I inhailed a huge cup of chocolate milk a little bit ago. My baby sis just started hers so that means that moving in with dear mom has messed with my menstrual cycle even more than what it's been through. Oy.