Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week 6- I made it over the HUMP!!


I know my official weigh in is not for a few more days, but now that my monthly visitor has left the building, I decided to check to see how I'm doing. Guess what?? Guess??? I DID IT!! I made it passed that damned 200lb hump!!! I weighed in at 198.8!! How freaking rad is that?? I am so excited that I finally got passed that damned number! It seems like I've been stuck in limbo forever, and now, I've proven the evil inner voice of doubt wrong. I'm not sure why, but I feel so much more optimisitc about loosing more weight now.
I guess the lesson I have to learn from this is that yes, you do retain more water during your period, and perhaps I should not have been so hard on myself. The good part of this is, I'm learning how my weight fluctuates and so next month I won't have such a big freak out come period time.

So, in other world news. I was looking for a novela to start watching so that I could brush up on my spanish. I was sharing with a spanish teacher one day that I would like to go back to school to learn properly. She suggested that I save my money and watch novelas instead. When I could fully understand what was happening, then I could graduate to spanish news. I shared this tid bit of info with my mom and sis, and so we decided to start watching. Well, we found a soap called, "Luz Maria". Mom has been tivoing it for about a month now. The three of us have our nightly ritual of plopping down on Mom's bed and watching what will happen next. At first, I found the characters were very cheese ball, and the plot incredibly predictable. For some reason that has not stopped me from becoming addicted! Anyway, if you feel like you want to brush up on your Espanol too and start watching, I will be more than happy to share my predictions for upcoming episodes with you as well. Mom, Shell and I are HOOKED! While my other sister was here nursing her gallbladder surgical wounds, we got her hooked on it too. I'm telling you, the plot is very basic, the characters are simpletons to say the least, but there is a magical combination between all of them that make it pretty addicting. My sisters boyfriend has sat in on a couple episodes with us and I can tell, he secretly enjoying them.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Congrats, Patty!!!! That's GREAT news!!! I can definitely relate to not being able to get over that weight hump. High five, sista!