Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Week 6- Ab-solutley Sore!!

This month's issue of Glamour has some exercises in the "Body By Glamour" section. I'm pretty sure I mentioned them before. Anywhoozle- I stopped staring at them on my dresser yesterday and actually started doing them. I tried to find a link or a picture of the work out, but I couldn't. If you want to check them out, I suggest you check out this month's issue of Glamour. (I put a pic above of what this month's issue looks like!)

So, I did the exercises and holy shish kabob!! My abs are freaking sore today!! It's the first time I've ever felt sore from doing crunches!! The trick they suggest is to suck your belly button in and then up. I exhaled as I came up with each crunch and it worked! I could feel my muscles tightening in my stomach and not in my neck or lower back. I'm feeling pretty damn good about these! The one that I tried and just could not do at all (but I'm still doing them until I can do it) is called the side plank. I'm inserting a video  HERE "SIDE PLANK"
Hopefully one of these days I'll be able to lift my hips up. Can't do it now. I know my core is flabbier than a bowl full of jello at the moment. There definately are muscles under there though!! I can feel them today!

I also wore my fat belt yesterday, again. Whoop me!! I did 25 minutes of Cardio on the treadmill. Mainly I ran in place. I really suprised myself that I was able to keep running in place for that long! If you're not sure what I mean by "fat belt" it's because it's a sweat belt. I purchased the one by EVERLAST, and frankly I don't like it.
Mine looks like this one above. First of all I was really bloated when I bought it and it was the only one that fit me well. I liked the zipper so that I could adjust down. When the bloating went down, I had it all the way to the lowest setting. I suggest you try them on when you're not bloated or after you just ate if you want a good fit. That's not the reason why I don't like it though. Mine is already ripping- and I know it's not because it's too tight, because it's not tight enough. I bought it at Big 5 for $12.00, but I'm sure you can pick one up at any sporting goods store. I do notice that I sweat a lot more with it.  
Last note: I read in an article yesterday that not drinking enough water slows down your metabolism and you burn fewer calories per day because of it. Yet another reason for me to drink the stuff. I'm so bad at it!! I actually find myself waiting until I'm completely parched and coughing before I reach for a drink of anything. Not a good idea :(  On that note, I'm off to do some cardio!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

I also forgot to mention that the zipper got all screwey on me yesterday too. I'm really not a big fan of this belt. Maybe it's because I got the man one and not the ladies one? or a defective one?? Secondly, I got the zipper belt also because I don't like the velcro belts. I have ADD about some stuff and for some reason I didn't feel like I could get the belt on tight enough or evenly enough around my waist with velcro. Maybe one of you will have better luck with another brand or velcro.