I just finished watching Julie and Julia. I have two problems with this movie, and the rest is good. First, it has made me crave duck at 2am. Quack Quack. Second, I am a sucker and I want to run out and purchase the book and start cooking. I've been in love with Julia Childs for several years now, and this movie made me love her a little more. In my kitchen in North Carolina, I had a framed picture of Julia Childs over my stove as inspiration. Also, it was a reminder for me to talk with a funny accent while I was cooking. Such silliness. I know this movie came out forever ago, so I'm kinda late on the movie review- just watch it. It's good, it's cute, it's funny and it'll make you want to cook.
The funny thing about me is that I really enjoy cooking. I relish in it. I like measuring everything exactly. I like the sound of the blender. I like the smell of a hand mixer. I like the feel of flour on my knuckles. I spend so much time researching all these fabulous recipes and then I chicken out on making them 98% of the time. I don't have any idea why either. If you looked in my recipe file on my computer, you'd find hundreds upon hundreds of recipes for anything from horchata cupcakes to mmmmmmmm horchata cupcakes. What was I talking about? Yeah, cooking. I wish I were more confident in my ability to cook. I am not a bad cook. I'm just a neurotic one who has to have it all perfect. Deviation in recipes are not my forte.
So, it's almost Tuesday and I've done a little bit of exercise. Mainly I've been walking, but not a whole lot. I have some serious walking scheduled for tomorrow. Much of my morning will be spent dealing with the DMV and getting my car fixed. Kind of exciting stuff. My fancy pants Mercedes Benz has been a lovely drive way ornament for some time now due to the exorbitant cost of repairs. I'm finally in a position to have them taken care of and drive my little Hungry Hungry Hippo again. Damn it I love my car. It really is such a sweet car. It's been good to me, and mainly I have a lot of REALLY amazing and wonderful memories in that car. I'm excited to be driving my big fat baby again. Whoop whoop!! So, if I can manage my time properly, I'll be at the DMV, then detailing my car, and then sending it to the mechanic. Hooray!! At the end of the day, my beauty should be in minty mint condition and ready to cruise.
This week, I was adventurous and had my eye brows threaded for the first time ever. OMG. My sister told me about it, and convinced me that it's the way to go. Her brows were looking mighty fancy so I decided to give it a shot. Of course, before I did it she warned me about how incredibly painful the ordeal was and that it was going to keep hurting like a SOB even after it was all over. When I sat in the chair, I braced myself as if I was about to start pushing a baby. I even felt my eyelids fluttering a bit before she even started. When she started yanking the hair, I thought- WTH?? This is NOT that bad. Seriously, it wasn't. I took it like a champ all the way until she did my lower right brow. That's when it hurt and I winced. She asked if I wanted my stache' done and you know what?? Fuck that!! Don't get me wrong- threading is totally tolerable, I can totally hang. One eyebrow took almost five freaking minutes though. If it's going to take that long to do my ladystache, then hells no. I'll wax please. For that matter, I have the hairs or a fucking bear. They are thick and nasty and resilient as all get out. You have to fight those bastards to leave my face, so I don't even think the thread would have lasted. I'm just saying... I'm dying to get laser hair removal. If I thought I had horrible facial hair before, now that I've had a baby, it's totes worse. I hate it, but that is a whole other chapter.
In the end, my eyebrows look fabulous. I can see my eyes again and I look a little less Italian. I'll go back to waxing in the future, but it didn't hurt to try. I took out my stomach exercise guide and at least it's within eye sight again. Tonight, while I watched the movie, I thought about doing crunches, but I made the excuse that I might wake up the baby. I know I bull shit myself, but it was midnight and I forgive myself for tonight. My period is still going, and I'm so happy that it's here!! Not sure how long it plans on staying, but it's okay-I've missed it! The haze of PMS is now entirely gone. I feel like another person now, entirely. Since I changed my attitude, I'm noticing that good things are starting to happen around me too. Doors just keep opening, and I keep getting good news. I want to keep this momentum and hope that it falls in the job department soon. I miss work really bad. I have really great things planned ahead for Santi and I and in order for me to make those goals, I need to be back to work soon!
aspbergers thing. I'm in such a good place now about our whole situation. I really mean it. I did not feel anger, resentment or hostility at all. The only thing I focused on was keeping a good exchange of communication for my baby boy. Who knows if he'll ever step up and participate in our child's life, but I at least think I am patient enough to stop being angry about it. Santi WILL have a good male role model, I just have to find one for him. That's all, and in the mean time, I have to be an awesome Momma & Daddy too!)
That is all. Now go :)

No comments:
Post a Comment