Just wanted to check in with you guys! I still have not gotten my mani pedi, bras or plucked my uni brow. I will, at some point... LOL I did hop over to Rite Aid to pick up some stuff called albolene. It's supposed to be make up cleanser, but it's also used to make you sweat more. I tried wearing it under my fat belt yesterday and I guess it works? I didn't do any serious exercising yesterday though. Today, when I do my cardio, I will and let you guys know if I'm sweating any more or not. Jermaine recommended it to Michelle, and she swears by it, so I'm giving it a shot!
I also picked up the current issue of Glamour. Glamour? Yes, I know. If I can't be shopping like a model, doesn't mean I can't keep up with the trends. It was an old vice of mine and decided I would treat myself to see all the fashion I've been missing out on. Anyway, there is a cool article on building muscle and flattening abs. I'm going to start doing the exercises. I'll let you all know how I like them. I never knew when you do sit ups or crunches that your supposed to suck in your belly button and pull up. I never even knew I could do that until I tried it. Uh, I can do it and I noticed that I was using muscles I've never used before doing it too!! Can't possibly hurt to try them, so I'm gonna!
I've been really watching what I eat. I went to Carl's with my nephew two days ago and I got myself the Low Carb Burger and gave him my fries. I asked for the cheese and sauce on the side. It wasn't too shabby. I like lettuce wrapped in meat! LOL Mainly, I've been watching my portions. That seems to be what my main problem was. I was just serving myself too much. I'm definitely eating more, just not all at once. I'm spreading it all out through the day. It's actually easier for me to do it that way too. Santi has a short attention span, and the faster I'm done, the faster we can go back to the important things like uh.. playing or peek a boo!
Last night, for dinner, I had a yummy burger made for me by Dave. It was loaded with grilled onions and spices. He kept the cheese and the mayo out. No pickles. Just burger, bun and onions. It was really good. Well, he also made fries. He baked them though, so I thought I would be safe. Actually, something told me to not eat them, but they were so good, and I've been so good, and well....... Today, I experienced the side of effect of Alli. I'm still not taking it as much as I should, but it certainly did it's job. I guess it's supposed to stop your body from breaking down fatty foods. Instead, it reroutes it out your booty. Well, it did. My stomach suddenly started turning while I was putting Santi down for a nap. I ran to the potty and the grossness happened. I guess that yummy burger must have had something because there certainly was a LOT of food that needed to not be broken down. That's all I'm going to say on the matter. Oy!
Over all, I'm feeling pretty good though. I have a bit of a cold but I'm staying on track. I'm still getting the urge to cheat here and there, but I'm having snacks that are smaller and healthier. Not to say I've not snuck a chocolate or two, because I would be lying if I said I have not. The difference is, I'm not feeling guilty about it.
Some snacks that I've been eating that have worked to curb my sweet tooth or need to much:
1. Sliced Cucumber with Lime (usually I'd add salt too, but I like it just as much sans the sodium!)
2. Tangerines! The bag of "Little Cuties" was only $4.00 @ the market. I eat one and I'm happy
3. Sliced apples or pears. (I've been pre slicing them too. I have not patience when I'm munching and I never eat them whole. That's why food prep has been important to me)
4. Half a banana
5. Rice cake with one teaspoon of peanut butter spread on top.
I've also noticed that I've pretty much cut bread out of my diet until these last couple of days. We'll see on my Tuesday weigh in if eating more bread has slowed my weight loss. I still reach for a tortilla. Rather than eat 4 or 5 with dinner, I allow myself one and I'm good.
Is this weird? My baby is refusing all his baby food right now. All of it. No joke. He only wants to eat rice cereal. All the jars are being tossed in the trash after a couple of tries. Now that I know there are some he just won't ever eat no matter what (he gags and spits it out) Would it be weird for me to used the baby food as a source of making a snack? Pureed carrots for example? Or butternut squash? I have all these jars that I think will just go to waste after I open them. I love veggies, so maybe I can make a dip of some sort. Am I being crazy? LOL


1 comment:
yay1 i'm proud of you for eating healthier, but watch the fruit! it can be a lot of sugar. i'm going to try the cuc w/lime today! oh and "I've never even been able to be hooked on a television show, because I can never get myself to be doing the exact same thing at the exact same time without scrambling and jumping hurdles to make it on time!"----- we watched the l word and carnival religiously!!lol
coco
Post a Comment