Well, it's been four weeks since I started this blog and this diet craze of mine! Here's the weigh in for the month (remember my goal was to loose five lbs.!!)
Week 5= 200.8 lbs
Started = 208.9 lbs
Lost = <8.1 lbs.
Yayayayayaayaya!! I beat my goal!!! Somehow I'm not really feeling very excited about this. Maybe because I was hoping to loose more. Maybe it's because I weighed in on Friday and I was at 200 exactly.... That could be it.
Here's what I've figured out. Bread is not my friend. I nearly cut out all the bread from my diet, and meat for that matter aside from fish. This week I ate red meat three to four times and I had bread at least once a day. I don't think meat is my friend either. I haven't been serving large portions of it (I've stuck to the serving suggestions), so I'm thinking it's the bread. The other reason why I think bread is not my friend is because when I was pregnant and became diabetic I had to monitor my blood sugar. Bread always threw my sugars off the roof!! I would only eat one half of a slice and forget about it!! It was over!! I've been eating whole wheat too!! So, I'm going to try to cut bread out as much as possible.
I haven't been doing those crunches I said I was going to. I did one set today while Santi and I were having play time. OMG! I've been doing them wrong for YEARS!!! I sucked in my belly button and pulled up as they suggested and it was amazing!! All these years I've been giving up on crunches and sit ups because it hurt my back and I never felt like my abs were being worked out. Doing the belly button trick really did it for me! After one set, I can feel the difference in my abs when I walk. I don't mean that they're miraculously flat or anything, I just mean that I'm very much aware of the muscles being there and I have NEVER been before! My mom suggested that I suck in then blow out when I'm doing them, but I don't feel as much. I think some things work better for some than others. Anyway, because I felt so excited about feeling my abdominale muscles for the first time in 34 years, I've decided that I'm really going to commit to doing those crunches.
Baby crying. Trying to bite my toes. Gotta go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
ok you HAVE TO BREATHE when exercising. just remember to breath out on the crunch part.. and watch those rice cakes. they have a high glycemic index. congrats on the amazing amount of weight you've lost already!! i'm so proud of you!!
coco
I promise to breath, Coco ;P
The rice cakes are a great snack, but you're right, everything in moderation. I've had about four in the last two weeks- I'm keeping it cool :)
Thanks for your encouraging words!! I appreciate them! How are you doing Miss? Feeling better?
Post a Comment