Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Week 2 - The First Weigh In


My baby woke me up at five thirty this morning. He was happy as a clam, laughing and giggling and you just can't get cranky waking up to something so beautiful. It doesn't mean that I wasn't still incredibly pooped, because I was, but it was just a really nice way to start off the day. I tried to weigh myself at the same time I did last week, not that I really think it makes much difference. I'm just trying to stay consistent. Soooooooooo how did I do??? 
Week 2- 205.1 <3.8 lbs.> 
That is freaking rad!! Seriously!! I'm really happy with that! Yay me!! I weighed myself after pooping too, but I weighed more. Michelle says it's because I had coffee and yogurt, but I doubt that would have added a pound and a half. I weighed in again around four pm and I was at 205.3 so, I told her there must be something screwy happening with me or the scale. Aside from that, I'm totally content with my results for the first week. That's not bad considering I'm eating far more than what I normally eat. Funny how that works eh? I'm eating breakfast every day, I'm snacking on fruits or whatever, and I'm eating three solid meals per day. I guess this whole storing fat more by starving thing is true.... who'd have guessed the experts were right.
Secondly, I think that the cardio I've been doing has certainly helped too. For that matter, I'm feeling really good about myself. There is definitely something to be said for getting a bit of sunshine and exercise because I really feel like my mood and overall well being is starting to turn in a different direction. I'm finding that I'm sleeping earlier and heavier- which is nice!! I'm in a better mood. I'm thinking of ways to motivate myself rather than shoot myself down for being fat. 
I have not gone to the gym in a few days because of babysitting issues, but I've been making sure that I get some exercising in daily. Today, I strolled over to the Farmer's Market and had myself a great time with my little one. We shopped for herbs (as a supplement for sodium based seasonings), veggies and fruits. I picked fruit that I know I can dig. I found some yummy Japanese crunchy pairs that were a little pricey but worth every bite! I picked up some sprouts- daikon, sunflower, and broccoli all to spruce up my salads and what not. Tangerines were perfect for not just around the house, but to drop in the diaper bag for me to eat on the go. For lunch, I cheated and had a pupusa. If you've never had a pupusa (poo-pu-sa) you're missing out! March your booty over to your nearest El Salvadorian Restaurant and I suggest you try the loroco (artichoke type of veggie) or the chicharon (pork). Imagine a thick meaty corn tortilla stuffed with cheese and veggies or meat then topped with fresh salsa and tangy cabbage. It's bomb is all I'm saying. It's a cheat because of the cheese it's stuffed with, but rather than inhale four or five as I normally do, I ate one. Then I walked two miles afterward, so I probably didn't burn off the calories, but I certainly did burn some of them. What I didn't burn walking, I probably burned by running around with my son on his first trip to the kiddie swings at the park.

Coco has asked to be a contributor so please look out for her posts and comment :) I'm excited to have someone else who is motivated to embark on this little journey of mine and who is willing to blog about it :) Coco is a seasoned "trail banger" aka runner and she can definitely give some good tips on your work outs! Plus, Miss Coco is incredibly funny and finds a way to capture humor in everything. In general, I just love her.

So to sum up this last week:
1. ) Stop pigging out on almonds. Don't keep snacks in your bedroom. They're too easy to reach for and temptation will loose if you have to work a little harder for that snack.
2.) Eat breakfast and snack through the day! Eating more of the right foods gave me energy through the day and for my work outs in the evening.
3.) Working out has cured my insomnia. Between the baby and the gym I'm really pooped at the end of the day and can't wait to kiss that pillow g'night!
4.)Be nice to yourself. Keep your inner dialog in check and try to keep your energy up!
5.)Stay away from Neggie Nancy and her friends. Surround yourself with people who are just as excited as you are about getting healthy.
6.)I'm not dieting, I'm changing the way I live my life and think. I really really am. I've started eating healthy without quiting the stuff I love. For example today, I stopped at Starbucks and had myself a tall skinny latte. Total of 60 calories. Not too shabby and it was delicious! I ordered sushi a few days ago and avoided the soy sauce with no problem. I've been eating tuna with mustard or lemon and sans the mayo- lemon is my favorite and my sprouts are going to make it even better! 

Things I'm gonna shoot for this week:
Drink more water. I'm still really bad about that! 
Take my mulitvitamin! I'm bad about pillls too!

No comments: